Sunday 7 June 2009

Hitting the wall.

Hi all,

Well it is weigh in day again. I was woken but a Thunderstorm which is not good because it's the Radlett festival today. It also put me off of going for a run.

It's strange, on Monday I ran for 105 minutes and then on Wednesday I did a best time on my usual route. On Thursday I took it a bit easy and went down and looked at the new equipment going into the park so it took longer but still much quicker than when I started. Friday we went to Cassiobury Park in Watford and it was a little rainy but nothing to stop even a fair weather runner, but I ran out of steam and walked back after half an hour.

Yesterday, I didn't run but went swimming and this morning I had a horrible feeling that i just didn't want to go out and get cold and wet. I was enjoying it so don't know what has gone wrong.

Also, when I went to weigh in I had only lost a pound which I found enormously disappointing because I haven't indulged at all. John said I should be pleased and that if I lost a pound a week for a year I would lose more than 50lbs. Not sure if he thinks I can't count but it really shows that he has never been on a diet!

John asked if I wanted to go to our local spoon on Friday but I managed to resist the temptation, I haven't eaten one morsel of chocolate despite getting in the car to discover him with a mouthful of it which smelled delicious. I haven't had a sip of alcohol. I have limited my coffee intake and haven't picked one chip despite being in temptations way twice. Why didn't I lose more?

What has gone wrong? I feel like my diet and my running have both hit the wall. It's always the same with my diets, I lose some then it all stalls until I'm depressed and start eating comfort food again. That's why I'm doing this ... to try to keep me on the straight and narrow. But, it's not happened with exercise before.

Will have to just jump to it though because I am booked in to do the Race for Life in Hyde Park on 19th July. That's only 6 weeks away. By rights I should lose a stone in that time but at this rate will have just passed my first stone overall. Still, in some ways John is right and I'll be a stone lower than I was. It is also a week I didn't put on weight so it's all to the good.

Guess I can't answer the bio-chemical questions about why I haven't lost weight but there is something I can do. Write it all down and make sure that my portion control is accurate.

Well, good luck fellow dieters. Will publish my food diary this week as mini blogs to keep me doing it. I'll start that tomorrow as said festival is today and will be busy.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment